This article explains how to configure BestAzon settings so that it localizes the links that are cloaked (i.e. use a redirect to Amazon instead of directly using an Amazon or amzn.to url).
BestAzon plugin automatically localizes any links on your webpage that are from recognized Amazon URLs (e.g. Amazon.com, Amazon.ca…etc or amzn.to). In case you use a link cloaker (e.g. prettylink, or bitly etc), you will need to tell BestAzon that you want those links to be localized too.
For BestAzon plugin to work on your cloaked links, your cloaked links should be formatted consistently. For example, perhaps your cloaked links are like
It does not matter how your format your links – they just have to be consistent so that you can tell the plugin what to localize and what to leave along. Note that if you cloak a link that is not an Amazon link and BestAzon picks it up – it will still be redirected to the original link, but will take the additional roundtrip to BestAzon service and back. Ideally you should structure all your cloaked Amazon links in a consistent manner for best performance so that only Amazon links are sent to BestAzon service for localization.
Here’s how to do that:
- On WordPress and Joomla
- Go to BestAzon settings page
- Scroll down to “Advanced Configuration Settings”
- Locate the label “Enter the slug for additional links that should be localized (useful if you use prettylink or similar service to redirect Amazon links)”
- Enter the slug that you have chosen for cloaked Amazon links (e.g. /buy/, /amazon/, /click/ etc)
- Once you do that, the plugin will know to process these cloaked links through localization service
- On other site
- You need to add the slug against the parameter Conf_Link_Keyword
- The slug needs to be entered within double quotes
- BestAzon will scan all links on your website and check if the link contains the slug you have entered and if it finds the slug, that link will be processed through BestAzon’s localization service