At the core, BestAzon is pretty simple
- It detects any Amazon links on your website – this includes Amazon.com links as well as short links such as amzn.to, and any other short link you point it to (e.g. all URLs including the keyword “Amazon” or “buy” etc – as defined in the plugin configuration screen under wordpress admin)
- It then processes the URL as per your settings (i.e. new window open, nofollow tag, etc)
- It then redirects the Amazon links on your website to our service http://r.bestazon.io and includes information that enables BestAzon to process the click appropriately
- Our service then identifies the right Amazon web-store to send the traffic to, depending on the country of the visitor
- BestAzon also strips any Amzon Affiliate tag from the original URL and then includes country specific Associate Tag to the URL so that you get the commission for any sale generated out of the click. If you have not provided the Amazon associate tag for any country, we will simply use our Associate tag for that country since we don’t have your associate tag to use.
- BestAzon checks if the equivalent URL on the destination Amazon store is valid or not (not all products are available across all Amazon stores). In case the destination URL is found to be invalid, we convert the URL from a product specific URL to a search URL (e.g. instead of product ID B00UA4NJNG, the user will be redirected to an Amazon search page for “Amazon Echo and Fire TV Power Adapter” if that particular product ID was not found on a particular Amazon store). This ensures that your visitors do not see the 404 error page (sorry, the page was not found)
So, at the core, its pretty simple. The magic lies in your service that is able to dynamically detect the best Amazon store to direct the traffic to, detect the right page on those Amazon stores to provide your visitors a seamless experience, and automatically include your affiliate ID.
Its pretty simple really. Makes you wonder why it wasn’t done already!